Live events are back! From “real” custom content to networking with like-minded Managed Services Providers, this event was designed for you, the ATTENDEE, from the ground up. It’s not designed for vendors to provide over-the-top pitches.
What you’ll find:
- Content that is IMMEDIATELY ACTIONABLE. The host, SMB Nation, is well-known for being an MSP content machine and the MSP Rescue Roadshow is no different. Custom content was developed for this gathering not available anywhere else.
- “Blue Ocean” Inspiration and Motivation. The law of attraction is that optimistic successful people like successful people (and want to do business with them). Not only are our speakers and panelist esteemed and accomplished experts, so are many audience members.
- You have QUESTIONS and we have ANSWERS. The event format is interactive.
- Network Opportunities. Many MSPs believe the value of a LIVE EVENT is the in-person networking opportunities. This is true across any industry but particularly acute in the Small and Medium Business (SMB) space. Bring your business cards to share with peers that understand and get you.
- You are NOT ALONE! Working as an SMB MSP, while thrilling, can also be lonely. One of the great compliments we have received at our events is that you discover we’re all in this together and you are not alone.
WHAT IS IT?
It’s very simple.
Inspired by the popular cable show “Bar Rescue,” the MSP Rescue Roadshow realizes anyone, and everyone can improve their MSP operations. This one-day event focuses on success factor ranging from uncovering internal operational efficiencies to hedging your services and solutions client offerings that include counter-cyclical elements.
Over the course of the day, in an audience interactive format, you will glean insights into the basic functions of directing an MSP practice from operations, sales and marketing, service delivery and strategic thinking.
Be design, we have a comfortable start at mid-morning and conclude in the late afternoon allowing you ample time to peek at emails and answer your calls.
This one-day event is akin to a continuing education day (such as lawyers and doctors attend) to help you STAY CURRENT.
Our presenters and panelists include:
- Harry Brelsford, CEO and Founder of SMB Nation. He is credited with “starting” the SMB MSP community back in the Small Business Server (SBS) days.
- Lori Tisinai, President, President and Technology Optimization Specialist, Computer Concepts USA. Lori is best know for her MSP community-led development with IT Owner’s Compass social media group and events. Computer Concepts USA serves over 600 SMB customers!
- Rayanne Buchianico, Owners, MSP Accountant and PSA Consultant at ABC Solutions, LLC. Rayanne coined the term “MSP Super Heroes” as her goal is to improve the business operations of SMB MSP practices.
- Curt Hicks, CEO at Centaris. Curt and team grew a successful eight-figure MSP (the Center for Computer Resources) before being acquired by Centaris with over 130+ employees.
- Paco Lebron, Podcast Host at MSP Unplugged and CEO at ProdigyTeks. Paco is well-known for simplifying technology solutions for small businesses and has a widely followed podcast series for MSPs.
- John Iwanski, Board Member, Moonshot Equity Partners. John is a merger and acquisition (M&A) expert in the MSP space.
Check back often as we are adding more amazing speakers!
This event has the SMB Nation stamp of approval and authenticity.
We keep it really real!
SMB Nation and 420MSP
Harry Brelsford is the founder of SMB Nation (www.smbnation.com) from Bainbridge Island, Wash. He is a long-time SMB channel partner who has served customers and mentored other partners (SMB Nation has over 49,000 members who are Managed Services Providers (MSPs) and SMB technology consultants). He oversees the popular SMB Nation workflow including content and events (webinars, workshops and multi-day conferences).
He holds an MBA in Project Management from the University of Denver (and numerous certifications such as MCSE, MCT, CNE, et al) and is the author of 21 books on technology and business topics. His 20 years of SMB technology experience were supplemented by teaching 12+ years at night as an adjunct professor at Seattle Pacific University and other higher-learning institutions. He served as the Dean in the Graduate School of Technology at Aspen University (where he was awarded a PhD in Letters).
Harry is an in-demand speaker at industry events. Harry’s recent books include the “How to Be an MSP” and he has published over 400-articles in business (Washington CEO, Colorado Business, Alaska Business Monthly) and technology magazine (ChannelPro, Microsoft Certified Professional magazine, etc.). An active entrepreneur, Harry is the force behind the Pocket MBA, Telephonation, Cloud Nation and XPmigrations.com. His latest startup is 420MSP.
Community-led growth is an approach to marketing a product or service that relies on the impact of a group of supporting people to increase brand awareness and even sales. Many of us inherently have engaged in community-building exercises as a business development tool. Many have also participated in numerous communities ranging from CompTIA to Facebook groups to the National Society of IT Service Providers. Learn the “in’s and out’s” of community-led growth as a supplement (heck even a replacement) for smile-and-dial cold calling.
Lori Tisinai, Harry Brelsford, Paco Lebron
Sometimes you have to pause, take a step back to take two steps forward. There’s no better time to get your act together than NOW as we chart new territories. Starting with revisiting your Chart of Accounts to little known government assistance programs, Rayanne will send you forth and a financial flowchart to sharpen the saw.
Rayanne Buchianico and Harry Brelsford
Current Environment and forecast: M&A activity is typically framed up as an open or closed window. The window is open! The good news is you can participate in the current MSP M&A boom. In this session, the expert speakers will present the MSP M&A environment and also make forward looking statements. This is your opportunity to size up the “gold rush” in MSP M&A activity.
The Big Notebook: Speed is everything in the world of MSP M&A deals. Now is the time to engage in internal due diligence and create that big notebook with everything ready to go fast-fast. Experience ahs shown the longer you spend assembling your documentation to present to the acquirer, your entity depreciates. Time is not on your side. While is session is oriented to the sell-side, there is also great content for the buy-side so everyone wins.
Modes, Metrics and Valuations. It’s all about maturity and math. Assessing where you are at on the maturity continuum will determine what your M&A strategy. We’ll review the Mode Mindset ™ Profiles. Next up will be the math with metrics, multipliers and expectation management when it comes to valuations.
John Iwanski, Curt Hicks, Rayanne Buchianico and Harry Brelsford
A buffet of new opportunities await you!
- UCaaS and POTS deadline (August 6 2022)
- Countercyclical Niches
- Flight to Quality
- Lifecycle Management and TPM
- Cybersecurity and Security Awareness Training
- Incident Response – Threat Actors
Paco Lebron, Lori Tisinai, Harry Brelsford, Rayanne Buchianico
If you’re being honest, you likely have unbillable slack hours in your MSP ecosystem. Consider both formal and informal side-hustles. Formal approaches include expert networks. Informal approaches include being a guest in the booth of your favorite vendor, assisting with billable influencer marketing and more!
John Iwanski, Lori Tisinai, Harry Brelsford
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Again, very simple. Any MSP of any size from any station in life. Of course VARs, IT Service Providers and those seeking to become an MSP will dramatically benefit too.
HOW TO ATTEND
Complete the registration and you are IN with a reserved seat!
Our event ticket is modestly priced to encourage your participation.
- Full Ticket: $99 USD
- Discounted Ticket: $49 (email Harry Brelsford at firstname.lastname@example.org) for a discount code.
BONUS: Each attendee will receive a signed copy of “The Pocket MBA” that is the latest book from Harry Brelsford (a $59.95 value)
RESERVE YOUR SPOT HERE!
Friday, February 17, 2022
10:00am – 5:00pm
- Pre-Session: Speed Dating – Get your Questions Answered!
- 10AM – Welcome and Introductory Remarks
- 10:15AM – 10:45AM Community-Led Growth
- 10:45AM – 11:30AM MSP Monsters!
- 12:30PM – LUNCH and Sponsor Showcase
- 1:30PM – MSP M&A
- 2:00PM – New Niches
- 2:50PM – BREAK
- 3:00PM – Side Hustles
- 3:15PM – Sponsor Presentations
- 4:30PM – End of Day
This event is being hosted by the Chicago Yacht Club at it comfortable and gorgeous club house. Your parking fee is included with your admission ticket.
Chicago Yacht Club
400 E. Monroe Street
Chicago, IL 60603